How to create simple Todo list from issues located on several different projects.

Krasimir Matev June 7, 2020

Hi, I'm quite new to Jira. What I find difficult is that I've got many projects and its hard for me to concentrate on the tasks needed to be done for the day. So ideally I would like to go trough the projects in the morning and pick tasks that i would like to work on today and all picked tasks to be in a simple todo-like list. Is this even possible in jira-core?

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2020

Hi @Krasimir Matev 

There are different ways in Jira that can help you identifying issues or tasks related to you based on a specific information like due date.

• Create filters which are nothing but saved searches based on information related to your project, assigned to you, reported by you, due today or any other criteria.
  • Try creating your own dashboard and use the filters that you created earlier and display either the filter results or use various gadget to graphically analyse the data
  • You can also subscribe to those filter results - it will send you an email based on the frequency you set. For example filter subscription can mail you everyday a list of all the issues due today and assigned to you.

In your case how do you define the issues that needs to be done on that day? I guess you have some date field or may be a due date field. Simple use that information in your filter by going to the Issue Navigator. You can refer to this page which has good information on this topic.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events