How to create a bug and assign a bug?

JIRA_USER August 2, 2016

Hi,

I have two Projects i.e. Project A and Project B. I need to create a bug from A and assign that bug to the Project B since the issue is releated to Project B or the bug of Project A should be created in Project B when a ceratain field such as COMPONENT field contain a value related to project B.

I do not have access to project B So I cannot open directly in project B. Once a bug is created that bug is reported in Project A and should be Reported in project B too. 

I could have created a bug in Project A and in the Assignee field I could mention the ServiceID of Project B by which Users of Project B get email notification but doig so would not create a bug in Project B. User in project B will only get email notification.

Please advice.

2 answers

0 votes
JIRA_USER August 3, 2016

@Jakub Pierzchała, Thanks for information.

Yes, you are correct.

I went through the link and documentation but could not find a ssolution of steps # 3 which is liste below. FYI.. I am not a core JIRA Admin, I am just a project Admin. My JIRA Core Admin do not have the solution of my request so i opened up a question.

Does JIRA Core Admin need to enable the Issue Collector 1st in the JIRA environemnt? so that I as a Project Admin can configure on my project?

Please advice.

Thanks in Advance.

To access all issue collectors configured in JIRA:

1.       Choose         > System.     
  2. Select Issue Collectors to open the Issue Collectors page, which shows a list of all existing issue collectors in your JIRA system.
  3. Click the name of a project to access a more detailed list of issue collectors belonging to that project or click the name of an issue collector to access detailed information about it. On the issue collector page (containing detailed information), you can access:
    • An activity graph, showing the number of issues created via this issue collector (Y-axis) on a daily basis (X-axis).
    • A list of recent issues in reverse chronological order, which have been created via this issue collector.

Jakub Pierzchała
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016

Yes, your JIRA Core Admin needs to enable the Issue Collector and provide you with the code to embed.

Once this is done you can place the collector anywhere you want

JIRA_USER August 4, 2016

@Jakub Pierzchała, Thanks again.

I will let my JIRA Core Admin know this and I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Upendra

0 votes
Jakub Pierzchała
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

Hi

If I have understood you correctly, you'd like members of the Project A be able to create bugs in Project B without giving them access to Project B?

Have you though about achieving this with an Issue Collector?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/using-the-issue-collector-802592637.html

The administrator could set one up for Project B and all members of Project A would be able to report issues.

If you are using Confluence as well, you could embed the Issue Collector into your team's wiki page. 

Suggest an answer