How to configure workflow to allow a specific person only to perform certain workflow transition

Hisamitsu Koga April 13, 2016

I want to allow a specific person only to perform certain workflow transition. How can I perform this?

Is there any way to perform this? e.g. by Script Runner or other?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2016

A script could do it, but it might be possible with basic conditions or add-ons that provide condtions too.

The main question is "who?".  How are you identifying the person who is allowed to do the transition?

Worst case, it's just "this person", but I'd lean towards "person in role", so it's flexible (and off-the-shelf), or maybe "people in group".

Hisamitsu Koga April 14, 2016

I want to allow a specific person only by defineing JIRA user name (e.g. xxxxx.yyyyy) to allow

certain workflow transition. e.g. only case current user is "xxxxx.yyyyy"). How can I perform this by Script Runner or other way?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2016

I strongly suggest you use a group or role and only put that one person in it. When or if they leave or on vacation you can easily put someone else in their place. It is the same guideline as security, never give access to people. Give it to groups/roles and move people in and out of the groups/roles.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2016

Have you looked at the "add condition" function in the workflow editor?  Where there is a list of conditions you can add, including "only user in role", "only user in group" and "only user".

I'm not sure why you're asking about scripting when there's all those options built-in.

Hisamitsu Koga April 14, 2016

Thank you for all of your comments. Will use 'only user in project role'. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events