How to change in workflow a field to read only field?

Zawistowski Grzegorz December 10, 2015

Is it posible to change in workflow a field to read only from read and write atribute.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2015

Try to delete this field from edit screen for this issue type.

But i wont to see this, but as read only. Not to don't show this.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2015

It is browse screen that defines fields to show. If you delete field from edit screen you just cancel to edit it, but it will not be forbidden to show.

Oh I see, but if I want to show a grayed box I can't do it in that way ?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2015

As much I know - the only way is to add/delete field to a edit screen. Maybe more experienced fellows can help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2015

Vasily is right. If you remove a field from the *edit* screen, you will not be able to edit it, either in the edit function or using the quick in-line edit when viewing the issue. It becomes "read only" in every sense. Once you have removed it from edit, the only ways to change the field are coding (post functions and listeners etc) and to place it on transition screens.

Ok thanks NIC I approve him this Question :)

Zawistowski Grzegorz December 11, 2015

I tried this solution, but it not work Imie=name and Praca=Work don't show in my Details. Please see a bellow screen:

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2015

You have removed the field from the *view* screen. You want to remove the field from the *edit* screen, and keep it on the *view* screen. The view and edit screen may well be the same screen - if that is the case you will need to create a new screen and separate the actions in the "issue type screen scheme" (I'd strongly recommend taking the existing screen and adding "view" to its name, then copying it and renaming the new one as "edit". Then add the field back on to view only)

Yes Nic I want only remove from edit screen and keep on view screen. How could I separate it. I don't know how to use "issue type screen scheme". Please help. And with Confluence:8443 problem too :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2015

Er, I just told you how to separate them.

But I should them turn on. Ok I will try :) Thanks :)

And Nic how to separate Actions ? In "Issue Type Screen Schemes" I have got only ---- "Add Issue Type Screen Scheme". I cant separate actions, or I don't know how.

I think nick You may think about "Screen Schemes" not about "Issue Type Screen Schemes"?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2015

Nope. An issue type screen scheme tells JIRA what screen schemeS to use in a project A Screen Scheme defines a combination of View, Edit and Create screens A screen is a list of fields The *easiest* way to find what screen you need to amend is to go to the project and look at the issue type screen scheme, drilling down into it to find the right screen.

Ok thanks Nic. Now I understand :)

And I manager and now it works :)

0 votes

In Details.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events