How to automatically update Due Date for a reopened task?

Ben Weisman August 8, 2016

I don't see Due Date as an available field when trying to add a post function so that a reopened task's Due Date gets updated to the current day.  Thanks for the help.

-Ben

1 answer

0 votes
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2016

hello

you can use 'update issue custom field' post function for this. choose due date and write something like  %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% in the value field.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Due Date is not showing in my custom field list nor my field list....so I am not sure where to find it.

Because Due Date is not a Custom Field. But it's also not in my dropdown for non-custom Field LIst.

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2016

yes it's not a custom field however it should be visible in the list as you can see here. can you show me the ss?

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 13.55.16.png

Ben Weisman August 9, 2016

image2016-8-9 9:3:36.png

Hi, above is the list of fields I'm able to use.

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2016

hi

which version of JIRA you are using and have you installed JIRA suite utilities plugin?

JIRA 5.2. I'll check on the plugin, not sure.

Yes, I do have that plugin, version 1.3.2.

Manjunatha K R August 9, 2016

In similar line... whenever task reopens, I would like to set the EPIC linked Due Date field to the current day in the same post function. Any idea on how to achieve this?

Manjunatha K R August 9, 2016

I had written one groovy script to do the same ... but "epicLink.dueDate = issue.dueDate" is not proper to set the needed Due Date value into EPIC linked to the re-opened task !

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue

import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException

log.setLevel(org.apache.log4j.Level.DEBUG)

def issue = issue as Issue

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

def epicLinkCf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Epic Link")

def epicLink = issue.getCustomFieldValue(epicLinkCf) as Issue

def dueDate = epicLink.dueDate

if (! issue.dueDate){     throw new InvalidInputException("Release requested 'ITG_IN' Due Date is to be updated, to Commit the code changes into planned Release branch !") }  

if(issue.dueDate > dueDate){     epicLink.dueDate = issue.dueDate     return true }

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events