How to add fields to release notes using JIRA Cloud

We have a JIRA Cloud and the default Release Notes https://mapwindow.atlassian.net/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10002&version=10003

I would like to add the Assignee-field to the release notes. How to do that?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Nov 26, 2015

The release notes ability was created when JIRA Server was the main product. It was implemented with the intention of allowing customers who knew Velocity Templating Language to write templates and use their own fields. This is a restricted function in Atlassian Cloud environment, so this feature is essentially not available. The feature request exists, so I encourage you to vote on it and perhaps comment more about your use-case. I voted myself. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41489

If you own Confluence, you can easily generate customized release notes with the JIRA Report Blueprint. 

If you are an avid scripter of any language, you can easily script and host your own process using JIRA Webhooks and JIRA Remote API.

Thanks for your reply. I voted for the enhancement request. For now I will add manually the Assignee and if I have some time I'll have a look at making a script.

1 vote

You can't. 

The release notes templates are coded.  Easy to change (and safe, to the point where Atlassian document it!), but only possible on Server versions.  You don't have access to the files you'd need to change on Cloud.

Steven Behnke Community Champion Nov 26, 2015

Ya beat meh

But you've given a very good "you'll have to do it in another application" answer :-)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Amir Kazemi
Posted 3 hours ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

17 views 0 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you