How to access the Old Edit comment from the New Issue View

Francisco Ossandon Cabrera June 26, 2019

The new Jira Issue View is causing lots of troubles with the formatting. I usually write a description and paste a MySQL query in the description or comments as documentation. In the old issue view, I can do this just fine writing the description and the code block myself.

{code:sql}

SELECT *

FROM table1

INNER JOIN table2

ON table2.foreign_key = table1.id

{code}

But in the new View, the Edit writing box adds a hidden "\" to my {code} blocks so it doesn't work properly (as will probably happen with the block above), and it gratuitously adds a hyperlink in the query.

Selecting the whole query and then applying the Code option is worse because it puts a code block on every line instead of the whole query, and there is no option to select the language for the code block either (which I cannot write it down like before because is not letting me).

{{SELECT *}}

{{FROM table1}}

{{INNER JOIN table2}}

{{ ON table2.foreign_key = table.id}}

So please, how can I can access the OLD edit window from the NEW Issue View, the new edit is imposing lots of assumptions instead of letting me do what I want, hyperlinks in a query, bad formatting, adding unnecessary blank lines, etc. I know I can revert temporarily to the old View where I can get the old Edit button, but given that the old View will eventually phase out, I would like to know if I can reach the old Edit when that happens... Because I cannot work properly with the new View.

1 answer

0 votes
Vipul Khandelwal June 28, 2019

Eventually the new view will be rolled out and there will be no "view old view" option available. so, I'll suggest to raise this issue with JIRA community so that they can work on it and provide you some solution before full rollout of new view.

Francisco Ossandon Cabrera June 28, 2019

I thought I was doing just that!

Isn't this Jira Core Questions?

@Vipul Khandelwal can you give me a link to where it would be better to post this, please?

Suggest an answer