Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How i can login to jira dashboard as i forget username.

Hello everyone,
I am quite new to Jira. I just installed Jira core in my ec2 instance just for testing purposes. I forgot my user name and password. when I try to reset my Jira admin password from the panel but didn't get any reset link on my mail. I also attached the screenshot

please help me anyone....

Capture.PNG

3 answers

Stop your instance, Find <installation-directory>/bin/setenv.sh(Linux Server) or setenv.bat(windows server) and add this parameter to JAVA_OPTS:

-Datlassian.recovery.password=<your-password>

For example, in the following screenshot, I set the password to 123. After saving the file, Start Jira service and log in with recovery_admin as username and your chosen password. Find your previous JIRA admin user, change its password and remember both of them, then stop Jira again and remove that line from setenv.sh

Capture.PNG

Check the atlassian-jira.log file in the home directory /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log/atlassian-jira.log.

You have to go through the last time when you have logged in, and search for admin username.

To find the username, use the command,

cat atlassian-jira.log | grep secure/admin

In the INFO logged part you will find username.

Thanks, for your help but I solve it from another way by recovering my user name by modifying on system properties on the Jira installation directory.

Can you please include the steps on how you did it.

It would be very helpful.

And what did you do for password.

Your Right @Ansar Rezaei follow the above step @Pramodh 

Like Ansar Rezaei likes this

@Ramya Ranjan Jena You're Welcome!

So If it's possible please accept my answer :-))

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,873 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you