How i can login to jira dashboard as i forget username.

Ramya Ranjan Jena January 5, 2020

Hello everyone,
I am quite new to Jira. I just installed Jira core in my ec2 instance just for testing purposes. I forgot my user name and password. when I try to reset my Jira admin password from the panel but didn't get any reset link on my mail. I also attached the screenshot

please help me anyone....

Capture.PNG

3 answers

1 vote
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2020

Stop your instance, Find <installation-directory>/bin/setenv.sh(Linux Server) or setenv.bat(windows server) and add this parameter to JAVA_OPTS:

-Datlassian.recovery.password=<your-password>

For example, in the following screenshot, I set the password to 123. After saving the file, Start Jira service and log in with recovery_admin as username and your chosen password. Find your previous JIRA admin user, change its password and remember both of them, then stop Jira again and remove that line from setenv.sh

Capture.PNG

0 votes

Your Right @Ansar Rezaei follow the above step @Pramodh M 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2020

Thank you @Ramya Ranjan Jena  and @Ansar Rezaei

Like Ansar Rezaei likes this
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2020

@Ramya Ranjan Jena You're Welcome!

So If it's possible please accept my answer :-))

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2020

Check the atlassian-jira.log file in the home directory /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log/atlassian-jira.log.

You have to go through the last time when you have logged in, and search for admin username.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2020

To find the username, use the command,

cat atlassian-jira.log | grep secure/admin

In the INFO logged part you will find username.

Thanks, for your help but I solve it from another way by recovering my user name by modifying on system properties on the Jira installation directory.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2020

Can you please include the steps on how you did it.

It would be very helpful.

And what did you do for password.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events