How do you access a Kanban board from a groovy script?

I am trying to access the ranking of issues in a JIRA Agile Kanban board via a groovy script, but have yet to find a way to do so. I know I can get all of the issues, but the order that they are ranked in on the board is important for the automation I am trying to install.

Is there a way to do this using JQL in some way or, preferably, tools in place in the ScriptRunner add-on that would allow me to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

All boards have a query, and the columns are normally statuses, so you can get the contents of any column. In terms of the ordering, this should just be ordered by the Rank global field, so you can add that to your "order by" clause.

If you want to run a query from a script you can do that, there are plenty of examples in the docs and elsewhere.

If this relates to script runner, please add the script runner tag, so the right people see it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

3,569 views 8 7
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you