How do you access a Kanban board from a groovy script?

seisenhardt February 26, 2016

I am trying to access the ranking of issues in a JIRA Agile Kanban board via a groovy script, but have yet to find a way to do so. I know I can get all of the issues, but the order that they are ranked in on the board is important for the automation I am trying to install.

Is there a way to do this using JQL in some way or, preferably, tools in place in the ScriptRunner add-on that would allow me to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2016

All boards have a query, and the columns are normally statuses, so you can get the contents of any column. In terms of the ordering, this should just be ordered by the Rank global field, so you can add that to your "order by" clause.

If you want to run a query from a script you can do that, there are plenty of examples in the docs and elsewhere.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2016

If this relates to script runner, please add the script runner tag, so the right people see it.

Suggest an answer