How do I find Projects that are using this Plug-In? (Project Specific Select Field)

Deleted user February 22, 2016

I want to search for which projects in JIRA are using the "Project Specific Plug-in", but as far as I know, you have to go to each individual Project and look for whether that project has any custom fields that were created with this plug-in. This can be a monstrously large task if you have a lot of Projects in your database. Is there an easier way to find any projects that are using this plug-in?

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2016

This can be easily achieved by running an SQL query against the JIRA database. Something like this:

select * from project where ID in 
(
select distinct jis.project from customfieldvalue cv 
join jiraissue jis on cv.issue=jis.id 
where customfield in 
(select id from customfield where customfieldtypekey='com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:textfield')
);

You have to replace the com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:textfield with the typekey of the project specific custom field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events