How do I connect JIRA and Confluence to SQL Server using SSL?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

By importing the certificate of the MSSQL server to the javakeystore, reconfigure it to the datasource SSL port and restarting the application. If you want our help, it helps us helping you if you tell us what you already tried. But yes, the short answer is YES smile

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/143661

Hi Jonas.

I have done that already. I also tried various statements after the following line in my dbconfig.xml:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://dbserver:1433/jiradb

I have finally got this working by:

installing the Microsoft JDBC Driver 6.0 for SQL Server to the c:\Program Files folder on dbserver

ran "C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\bin\tomcat7w" //ES//JIRA081013165953

select Java tab and added the following to the Java Classpath:
;C:\Program Files\Microsoft JDBC Driver 6.0 for SQL Server\sqljdbc_6.0\enu\sqljdbc42.jar

changed the following in the C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\dbconfig.xml file:

<url>jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://dbserver:1433/jiradb</url>
<driver-class>net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>

to:

<url>jdbc:sqlserver://dbserver:1433;databaseName=jiradb;encrypt=true;trustServerCertificate=true;</url>
<driver-class>com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</driver-class>

restarted Jira

can now connect using the MS JDBC drivers and I now see encrypted connections in SQL server to jiradb

Thanks.

Charles.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 9 hours ago in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

86 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you