How do I check if RPC plugin is installed?

Hi, my question is how to check if on our JIRA installation on cmservices.atlassian.com RPC plugin is installed?

I need RPC plugin to be able to post bugs from testing software suit, to Jira.

Please provide instructions as on how to check and install RPC plugin.

Thanks,
Mathijs 

2 answers

If you have the proper permission (JIRA Administrator and above), you can view it in the "Add-Ons > Manage Add-Ons" page.

0 vote

You can't install add-ons like that in Cloud.

Even if you could, you wouldn't have it - RPC was deprecated a while ago and it does not work for more recent versions of JIRA.

Whatever you're trying to do, it needs to use either the UI, REST or Connect addons (which use REST anyway)

I am using TestComplete for test automation. I want to upload found bugs to Jira.

According to this article JIRA is supported up to version 6.4.7 .

At the moment I am getting an error code 415 when trying to connect to our JIRA system from TestComplete.

Cloud is well past JIRA 6.4.7, so it's not going to work.  You'll need TestComplete to provide a version of it that works over REST (and/or a Connect addon)

Thanks for the confusion. I noticed TestComplete 11.20 - JIRA 7.1 integration is actually working.

Point was I had to use "https://" preface  instead of http:// , and I had to use login name (NOT email address) in TestComplete to succesfully connect to JIRA, and post issue.

You hadn't mentioned that you were using the wrong settings.  There's no way we could have known that.

Correct. Also, I couldn't have known that it would be operative. Since in the documentation is stated that JIRA is supported up to version 6.4.7

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Amir Kazemi
Posted an hour ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

11 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you