How do I automatically set the Due Date of an issue via a workflow post funtion

Frank Stillone January 17, 2017

I would like the due date of an issue to be automatically set to now() via a post function - ie, any issue created today are due today.

I believe that the way to do this is via the script runner Plugin and to run a Custom Script Post Function from the Create state but the scripts that I have found online do not work.

Can anyone help me with what script I would use to achieve this.

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2017

Hi Frank,

There are some alternatives:  

If you are sticking with ScriptRunner for JIRA, did you try the following?:

issue.setDueDate(new Timestamp((new Date()).time))

Adapted from: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/workflow/postfunctions/set-issue-attributes.html and also: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32996494

Hope this helps.

Sam

Frank Stillone January 17, 2017

Awesome - thanks Sam!

I used the first option, tested and works perfectly,

thank you

Mark Allen March 1, 2018

Is there really no native way to do this? That's mental.

We have a cloud install, so most options here are not available, or require an add-on purchase which just feels a bit like taking a nuclear bomb to kill a mole in your back yard.

Like # people like this
6 votes
Richard Getz May 21, 2018

Atlassian!!! How can you have native ability to post function estimates and time spent, but NOT due date?!?! 

Nir Mazor June 3, 2018

Interesting, should be fairly easy to implement. It's a crucial option for some issue types, like Decisions.

Like Tim McGrath likes this
0 votes
Julie Ann C Manzo December 16, 2019

is there a way for me to add automatic due dates to each tickets/story without doing some coding here? I am not a techie person and not familiar with coding. I am so basic, help me out here. Isnt supposed to be able to set automatic due dates