How can I use (startOfWeek(-1w), endOfWeek(-1w)) on JQL?

Alison Vanceto April 16, 2019

I'm trying to use a JQL solution to find all the work done by a single developer in the past week but I don't know exactly how it works.

JQL:
assignee = XXX AND status was "In Progress" DURING (startOfWeek(-1w), endOfWeek(-1w))

Should I use "W" or "D" on time range? I mean, when I use "W" to measure time, on what day the week starts for JIRA? 

What happens if I use something like "-3d" inside of these functions?

Can I use signals like + too?

If the community already have a page to teach about it, please share with me.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

Hi Alison,

Welcome to the community. This is a bit of an older post but the last answer on this post has a pretty decent example of what using d (days) does for start and end of week.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/What-time-do-the-startOfWeek-and-endOfWeek-functions-start-and/qaq-p/12401

Alison Vanceto April 16, 2019

Thank you Bryan.

According to Rebeca's example in this link, if I use "1d, 2d, 3d..." I'm adding +1 or more days to the start date of the week and if I use "-1d, -2d, -3d..." I'm removing?

Example: 

Start date = Sunday

+1 = Monday

-1 = Saturday

Like Adam Bushell likes this
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

Yes from my understanding your example makes sense.

Like Alison Vanceto likes this

Suggest an answer