How can I specify two users in JQL and have them show as one in the results?

Heidi April 19, 2016

I want to create a query that will search for User1 and User2. But I want the result set to show them as User3

4 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2016

What do you mean they are actually the backlog? Is that even a user? You cannot manipulate the JQL results (change something to something else). You should be looking into another option to get what you want here.

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2016
0 votes
Heidi April 19, 2016

I have two leads who have requests assigned to them but they are actually the backlog. I want to have a filter like below

assignee in (user1, user2), key, status

Instead of having the result

user1    1234    submitted

user1    2345    submitted

user2    3456    submitted

I would like the result to be:

Backlog 1234    submitted

Backlog 2345    submitted

Backlog 3456    submitted

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2016

Hi Heidi,

JQL is to search for Issues based on Users. You cannot explicitly search for users and display users.

• The Result set will always be Issues.
  • If you are talking about SQL can you re-phrase your question with more context

Regards

Chander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events