How can I create standard tasks for each new user which is made in Jira?

Etienne Rozenblad January 8, 2020

I would like to create some standard tickets which all users should do when they join our company (and our Jira area).

How can I do this?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

Hi @Etienne Rozenblad - another suggestion is to create an Epic for the new user, and have some automation setup to create the needed issues the users need to perform associated with the Epic. 

We are not currently doing that, but I like the idea a lot and will suggest we do something similar for our HR department. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
chris.reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

Just a suggestion, but I would make a single ticket with subtasks for the various action you want them to perform.  When they join the company, you could then clone the ticket and it will clone the subtasks as well. Assign that ticket to the individual and then you have a running tally of what they've completed and haven't based on sub-tasks without having to create multiple tickets every time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events