How can I create a report on number of bugs per user

Valentina December 15, 2015

Hi,

I need to create a report on the number of bugs per each user. This report we need to see per project or in general per every user. 

Can you help me to do it?

Thank you

3 answers

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2015

Hi Valentina,

You can certainly use the two-dimensional gadget as indicated by @Vasiliy Zverev, but I would extend this answer a little bit.

Step 1 create a saved filter restricting to bugs for only those projects you are interested in.

Step 2 create a dashboard with appropriate gadgets installed to display the results of the stored filter from 1.

Now depending on your stakeholders and what they need to know you can add any dashboard gadget and show the information. 

I tend to use pie/bar charts for non-technical stakeholders as they find these easier to interpret. 

You can display multiple gadgets on the same dashboard to allow comparison across different projects for instance.

A key gadget I use when looking at the handling of bugs is the opened vs resolved gadget as this shows (with a suitable time period - normally 90 days) any trends in terms of how the bugs are being resolved.

In the end though it all comes down to what message is required for your stakeholders who are going to look at the report.

An extension to the above answer is that if you have Confluence you could embed the same gadgets in the page there but add more explanatory text around each gadget and also "pretty up" the display rather than be restricted to the limits of a JIRA dashboard.

Hope this helps and gives you some thoughts on how to do it.

Phill

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2015

that is a pretty vague requirement. Do you mean bugs CURRENTLY assigned to the user, INITIALLY assigned to them, or was assigned to them at ANY TIME? Each one will require different code.

Valentina December 17, 2015

Hi Joe, we need to have a report on the bugs which were assigned to them initially, and assigned to them at any time. It can be two different reports.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2015

Try using cross-table gadjet for JQL filter like "issuetype = Bug"

Suggest an answer