How can I change the default sort option of Priority for the Issue Navigator?

When I get into the Issue Navigator for a project I see the issues sort according to Priority by default.  We don't really use Priority in our projects, so it's annoying to have to select a new field (which I can't scroll to, btw) and then re-select the ordering, and THEN, if I'm lucky, I don't have to change the filter, otherwise the view defaults to sorting by Priority.

I can't find any documentation on how to configure this setting.  I want to be able to have the issues sort by Key, descending, when I open the Issue Navigator.  Anyone know if there's a way to make that happen?  Thanks!

1 answer

I am afraid that there is no other option than add ORDER BY clause in every filter

This is COMPLETELY Stupid

I have to track mulitple projects on an hourly basis, and having to change "priority" to "key" each time I want to view latest issues is a waste of productivity and amounts to a definate COST to the company as the time it takes to do this is multiplied across engineers PMs etc.

As a system admin, if I can change the way boards and screens are displayed, why can't a user profile have the ability to assign their default "issue" order without having to create a filter to do so.

This should be an easy feature to provide considering how configurable JIRA is. 

Atlassian please don't address your customer base needs like MS does.

I am in the same boat.  If we could configure the default sort order from priority to another custom field such as key, that would be very helpful.  Please make this happen!

I agree with John, this is a no-brainer.  Need to avoid changing the sort order EVERY time - too many clicks and we have other places to sort by Priority.  If I click Issues to see the master listing, I obviously want to see the latest first.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,084 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot