How can I add a section to an Issue page layout?

bkinsley September 14, 2016

I have not found a good solution for simple testing notes on an issue without relating to backend projects, etc.... Therefore, I'd like to simply add a log-like text field under it's own section on the JIRA issue page layout called Testing Notes. How can I create this custom section and how do I create this desired type of field that mimics the Work Log functionality? I've been through screen schemes, fields, etc.. and cannot find a simple way to add the section.

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user September 14, 2016

We added a separate tab for testing information. Sounds like you need to add a RTF field to keep your notes in. We did that, then found additional information we wanted to keep - that's why we used the extra tab. If you want you could add it to the regular issue screen though.

bkinsley September 14, 2016

We were considering just a multi line text field but were looking for something more log-like that could auto capture the name, date/time, etc.... of the entry. I'm not opposed to using an add-on but the few free options were full integrations with other sites/services and we really want to keep this as simple as possible and have it on the existing issue page. I asked support about an additional tab in the Activity area and was told that couldn't happen.

Deleted user September 14, 2016

Hummmm.... I'm not aware of a plugin that does that - maybe someone else can suggest something. Don't know why they don't want to add an additional tab, it's pretty SOP.

Suggest an answer