It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How Can I convert two or more tasks in sub-task?

Hello,

I know how I can convert one by one task in a sub-task. But could I do that for two or more tasks in one action?

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar Community Leader Jun 01, 2016

Yes, you can convert multiple tasks into subtasks: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-13245

For doing so, perform a search > bulk change > Move Issues.

It is a little bit difficult to find, as logic seems to say that it should be categorized as an Edit Issues operation instead.

Hope it helps.

Thanks! 

I have created 35 Tasks they all have the same status (to do) and no other tags i can filter with. I want to perform a bulkchange to subtask on 15 of them. when i filter "to do" all 35 are showing without an option to select the 15 tasks I actually want to convert into subtasks.

How can I achieve this?

Step 1: Search for the tickets from issues -> search for issues

Step 2: Select search criteria

Step 3: After getting the desired tickets list, click on three dots at the right corner and select move

Step 4: In next step follow the instruction to convert ticket to sub task.

Lameck,

Unfortunately, not OTTB sad. I haven't tried scripting but I imagine it could be possible.

To have multiple issues converted to sub-task, you can use Bulk Operations. Please note that when converting multiple issues, all of them will share the same parent issue.

1. Go to the issue navigator and query for the tasks you want to convert.
  2. Click Actions > Bulk change.
  3. Select "Move Issues.
  4. Finally, select the project, issue-type and parent. 
Like Yohnathan Carletti likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

1,314 views 8 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you