Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hi I am working in Ford. I wanted to know if I could create a new field in a project

eg : I need to differentiate my issues between Hardware, Software and calibration. So I need a multi selectable field when I create an issue.

Is this already available? I don't want to use the existing Issue type and component field as I am already using it for other things

2 answers

Hi Reshma,

Jira comes with a few different kinds of custom field you can create. Have a look at the documentation to start with: Adding a custom field

It is necessary for you to be a Jira administrator and as just creating a custom field is not enough and you will have to associate it with different configuration items like screens. But long story short you can add a Select List (multiple choices) custom field and configure it according to your needs for a specific project without a problem.

Best, Max

Edit, some further reading might be helpful as well to understand the structure and relations of the different schemes in Jira so I suggest having a look at the first picture here. It helped me a lot and many others as well I guess ;) Project screens, schemes and fields

0 votes

Hi,

You can create custom field of type Select List (multiple choices). It is done in Jira administration -> Issues -> Custom fields.

Thank you for your reply. Whom should I contact to get the JIRA administrator rights? 

I suppose you should ask your Jira admins to add this field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,888 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you