Getting UnknownHostException on trying to get issue details using JIRA API Issue Client

Ipsita2015 Roy2015 February 25, 2019

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a secured JIRA URL over https .I have already downloaded the certificates for connecting over SSL and added to the keystore.

I am using JIRA Rest Client api and jira issue client to get the issues details for a particular issue key.I get connected to the API instance but on trying to get issue details for a issue key getting "Unknown Host Exception " error.

Below is my code:

Can anyone please help out here

URI jiraServerUri = new URI("XXXX");
JiraRestClient restClient = new AsynchronousJiraRestClientFactory().createWithBasicHttpAuthentication(jiraServerUri, "XXX", "XXXX");
restClient.getIssueClient().getIssue("XXXXX").claim();
//String issuePromise = restClient.getIssueClient().getIssue("XXXX").claim().toString();
//System.out.println("Issue "+ issuePromise);
 My aim is to update pass/fail status for a particular issuekey.

3 answers

0 votes

Yes the host in the browser url

0 votes

Hi Jobin ,I am able to ping the JIRA browser url .

Do you want me to ping any other IP??

Also my task is to update pass Fail status in JIRA using it's API.

This particular JIRA instance is using X-ray plugin.

Can you please help out here and suggest necessary steps to follow

i

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2019

What do you mean by pinging browser url? You mean the host in the base url?

None of the other ips should matter for JIRA.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2019

Any firewall issues? Are you able to ping the host from where your code is deployed?

Suggest an answer