Filter Issues by Due Date

I have three filters on a dashboard that list tasks due within 1d, 1w and 2w respectively; however using the JQL 'duedate <= 1d' etc means that an issue due within 1d will appear in all three filtered lists.

As issues cross filter date boundaries I want them to appear in only one of the three lists. So if an issue is due within one day I only want it to show in the filter that says duedate <=1 and not in the one that says duedate <= 1w or duedate <=2w (even though technically the condition is met in all cases so JIRA is displaying the correct logical result).

I can't quite work out the syntax required to filter issues between dates in this way and I may be asking for the impossible - anyone else managed to crack this or am I the only one with this particular use case?

Any assistance appreciated.

Andy

2 answers

1 accepted

Your filter for 1w should say : duedate <=1w and duedate > 1

Your filter for 2w should say : duedate <=2w and duedate > 1w

Thanks Marc - absolutely nailed it - spot on

Andy

Does this filter include due dates for sub-tasks? 

0 vote

I am curious how to query if the DUE date is not filled in, we don't do this until we're ready to commit to the work but need to see the work presently in the backlog.   

duedate is EMPTY or due is EMPTY should do the trick!

Thank you William. That was just what I needed.   Bob.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

35 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot