Field required validator with condition not displaying the error message

SHIYAS MOHAMMAD June 10, 2020

Hi

I am completely new to Jira. I added a new validition in the create transition for one of our project. Validation parameter used is 'Field Required Validator (JMWE app)'. 

I set a validation for a radio button box and attachment. 

If the radio button box value is NO, then the email attachment should be mandatory. And an error message is also appended in the err msg box if someone is trying to send the request without attachment and radio button value NO.

!!issue.customfield_17285 && issue.customfield_17285.value == "NO"

Validation.JPG

Validation is working successfully. But it is not triggering the error message which available on the box. 

When the radio button value is 'NO' and if the reporter or requestor try to send the request without an attachment, it is throwing below error on middle of the screen

"Couldn't send requestYour request could not be created. Please check the fields have been correctly filled in."

Wrong_Error_msg.JPG

But if the radio buttion value is NO and attachment is appended to request, the requestor is able to send the request.

Would be great if someone can help on this issue.

Thanks

SHIYAS

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2020

This is a known Jira Cloud bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5853

You can add a comment on that ticket to show your interest.

Thand David for the link. Let me update a comment on the same.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2020

Hi Shiyas - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

My suspicion is because you are creating through a Service Desk Portal. Not sure what happens between JSD and JMWE in those cases. 

Have you tried to create a test record with just the Create button for the project (outside of the JSD Portal)?

No. I havent tried outside of JSD. Let me try it out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events