Exception: QuotaExceededError: The quota has been exceeded

Alex Nguyen October 29, 2019

I've been seeing "Exception: QuotaExceededError: The quota has been exceeded" a couple times a day recently. This is on Firefox on Mac OSX currently but will attempt to test on Chromium Edge next.

Found a hit on the internet for Chrome and FF and that link talks about cache issues but no real details.

I think I found a config screen that might help troubleshoot though:

Preferences » Privacy & Security » Manage Site Data — has a screen that shows storage amount.

Will keep an eye on this to see if there's a correlation to the error popping up.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Nguyen December 1, 2019

Turns out (for us) this might have been related to a Tempo configuration.  When going to a Tempo field (Team Name) there was a huge lookup lag related to auth or something like that.  Admins recently made that lag go away (by not doing the auth lookup anymore) and  this error went away with that.

1 vote
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 29, 2019

Hi Alex,

Have you try the workaround suggested at the bottom of the Uncaught QuotaExceededError displays in browser using Jira server KB Article?

Regards

Anna Henke November 5, 2019

Alex, we are also seeing those errors. I checked the referenced KB-Article, that again references a workaround mentioned here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Storage_Inspector#Local_storage_Session_storage

I am a little lost though which entries I should delete to assess if I can recommend this workaround for our users.

Looking for more detailed instructions indeed :-)

Like NightsBlackAgent likes this
Teboho Ramakatsa December 14, 2021

I increased the storage quota to 102400 and this solved the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events