Email sent if create issue is aborted due to required fields not being modified at Create transition

support@bluestone.com.au February 9, 2016

Hi

I'm currently working on a new JIRA project which has a requirement that an email is sent of a specific user if someone attempts to create an issue via the create issue screen.

But they don't complete and create issue due to a vaildator "update parameter of the 'field is required Validator' validator" at the create issue transition requiring a value in a specific field.

Thanks

Gary

2 answers

0 votes
support@bluestone.com.au February 14, 2016

Tibor

Yes that is correct.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Gary

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 9, 2016

Hi, just to make it clear. Do you want to send the email even if they do not create the issue due to leaving required fields empty?

At least this is what I understand.

I believe this is not possible because JIRA does not complete the Create transition as the validator blocks it. This means the post functions are not executed and the Create Issue event is not fired.

One idea could be to use the Scriptrunner plugin and validate required fields in a post function. 

It has builtin scripts to send simple emails to an address. 

Therefore you could add a postfunction to send email first, then a second one to validate the fields and throw exceptions if required fields are empty.

Tibor

Suggest an answer