Email notifications stopped working for one person

Andy McBeath January 22, 2019

Hi

We are using Jira Cloud.  One of the team has suddenly stopped receiving email notifications.  She still can see the updates on the left-hand-side Notification panel but no notification emails.

Using the System Notification Helper, she gets a green tick for things like "Issue Updated" or "Generic Event".  But when I update the issue, no email is sent.  Everyone else (50+) get their email notifications. 

There is nothing in any Junk/Spam folders.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks

Andy

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2019

Hello Andy and welcome to Atlassian Community!

As she was receiving notification before, probably some change was made on her profile or on the notification scheme.
Was she removed from groups on Site administration > Users? You can also check the changes on Jira settings > System > Audit log and filter by her name.
Please, check if she has the same permissions as other agents that receive notification.

Also, please ask your IT manager to whitelist our IPs and domains, just to confirm that nothing is being blocked: Atlassian Cloud IP ranges and domains

Regards,
Angélica

Andy McBeath January 24, 2019

Hi Angelica

Many thanks for your suggestions.  I have tried each of these, but there is nothing obvious or suspicious,

As a work around I have set up an alias on our email her.name.2@company which forwards all incoming email to her.name@company.  I have changed her email address on JIRA to her.name.2@company and this is working fine.  She just needs to log into JIRA with her.name.2 but that's ok she's now getting notifications etc.

I think I'll close this.

Cheers

Andy

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer