Editing a software project.

Eward Somers May 10, 2018

When I create a software type project, I can't edit the scheme or things like the project category.

If I check schemes, they also don't show up under software schemes or any other scheme. It's like they don't have a scheme... Can anyone help?

1 answer

0 votes
Rafael Corredor May 10, 2018

Hi,

Please, check it (server version): https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver077/defining-a-project-945532745.html

Categories can be viewed/created via  > Projects > Project Categories.

Project type is normally a fixed value (it is normally no sense to change it).  Just search "Convert a project type" for details in the indicated url.

I'm not trying to convert my software project... the issue is that I can't edit the permissions schemes or assign schemes, assign categories, etc.. while this is possible with all the business type projects

Rafael Corredor May 10, 2018

Hi,

Software projects are enabled in JIRA Software.  Could it be you have JIRA Core and an evaluation version of JIRA Software?  In that case, evaluation has expired and you cannot work anymore with it.  Check in   > Applications to review versions and licenses.

We have a paid version of jira and confluence, no core... The license is still valid for jira software.

Kevin Steele May 10, 2018

Rafael,

I have a similar issue but I am trying to change the type of default template used during the project creation?  Example: project created originally using a "bug tracking" template but I'm looking to convert it to an Agile type with a board view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events