Edit Issue button accessible only to specific groups

Darapu Rajesh Babu July 25, 2016

I want to hide the Edit issue button and that should be visible only to specific groups.

And also I want to implement it through workflow transition only.

Thanks,

Rajesh

2 answers

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2016

From the document Nic pointed, the following syntax will be helpful for your requirement:

jira.permission.edit.group.1=some-group-one
jira.permission.edit.group.2=some-group-two

some-group-one and some-group-two are the only group members to edit the issue. Add these permissions to all the statuses in your workflow.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2016

There's a really simple blunt way to do this wholesale.  Set the "do not edit" property on all the steps in your workflow.  That will prevent any edits and hide the button completely, while still letting you do all the workflow actions.  It overrides the edit permission in the permission scheme.

You can see an example in the fixed default JIRA workflow - the property is set on the "closed" status.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html for more

You can set it so that some groups can edit as well, but they will get the edit button back if they do that.

Darapu Rajesh Babu July 26, 2016

What should I write in the Propertykey and Property value to hide the Edit button in workflow transition ? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2016

Depends on your exact requirements - have a look at the doc I pointed to

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events