Eazybi custom field changing over time

pnc-atlassian November 17, 2016

I am trying to model changes to a custom field in a JIRA ticket over time and I am having a very difficult time.  From the screen shot below, I am trying to model a score, which is a single selection list custom field in JIRA.  I have values on the score dating back to the creation of the issue in March (with a value of High), then again in October (value of Medium), and then an update in November (with a value of Low).  Here is what I am seeing and the calculated field I have defined:

image2016-11-17 21:17:55.png

I have the following definition for the custom field in my advanced settings:

[jira.customfield_10133]
data_type = "string"
changes = true
separate_table = true

And for my import I have checked import changes:

image2016-11-17 21:20:46.png

In addition to having checked "Import Issue Change History".  

What am I missing?

Many thanks for any assistance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
pnc-atlassian November 21, 2016

IIze answered this question for me today (THANK YOU, IIze).  I am copying the response I got into this question for others.

/*****************************************************/

Instead of a property, you should use measure "Issue history"  together with dimensions " Residual Risk score" and "Time" to get historical information.

Without additional processing, "Issue history" would show count of issues with a particular value at the end of selected time period, see screenshot (Color is used as a test custom dimension):

pic_eazybi1.png

If you want to get particular values for issues in rows, then you should create a custom measure (in Measures dimension) where these dimensions are combined with Generate function to get displayed a specific member attribute (name in this case) at the end of the select period for each issue. 

The calculation formula would be the following (check correct "Residual Risk score" dimension and member name!):

NonEmptyString (Generate(
  Filter([Residual Risk score].[Residual Risk score].Members,
    [Residual Risk score].CurrentMember.Name <>'(none)' and
    [Measures].[Issues history]>0 
    ),
  [Residual Risk score].CurrentMember.Name, ','))

See example with this measure for dimension Color:

pic_eazybi2.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events