Display field Original Estimate

Christoph Lüchow February 23, 2016

In JIRA Cloud I added Time Tracking to a screen/screen schema. I do see fields for remaining estimate now but I still miss the field for Original Estimate.

Any Ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016

In order to add Original estimate field along with remaining estimate, you will need to go in Administration -> System -> Time Tracking and deactivate -> switch off legacy mode, and then reactivate,

Here is the link to it

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-time-tracking-185729592.html

Rahul

Aron Felberbaum August 15, 2016

I followed the link in your answer and I still miss the Original Estimate field.

Ver 6.4.12

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2016

Time tracking is a field that comes out as several fields in the appropriate places.  Original estimate is part of it, but in theory, you don't need to see it a lot of the time - you can infer it from the remaining estimate and worklogs.

Christoph Lüchow February 23, 2016

But I would like to get - for tracking - all three fields filled to have Original, Remaining and Logged in comparison.

So question remains: Why is this particular field not displayed?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2016

Because you don't really need it.  Remaining time and logged are far more useful, and in fact, most of the stuff you see in this field is calculated rather than stored.

Suggest an answer