Default Priority has is not present in my dropdown list

Raymond Li March 28, 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to get my Priority list in one of my Projects to show all of the Priorities available on Administration. My issues currently only show about 5 out of the 10 available. 

When I create an issue, I see the default one selected (as expected). However the default priority is not an option when I try to edit it.

I've tried removing, adding and re-indexing it but it is still not there. Other projects do not exhibit this behavior; they have the full list of priorities. I have JIRA Core 7.4.5 and am unable to find Priority Schemes either.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this so that the priority list on the issues of my project are the same as the Global ones?

Edit: Is there a possibility that if JIRA downgrade could have retained a priority scheme?

1 answer

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2019

Hi @Raymond Li ,

Priority schemes have arrived in Jira Software Server 7.6. So, you don't have this option.

When I create an issue, I see the default one selected (as expected). However the default priority is not an option when I try to edit it.

I couldn't understand the problem.  When you create an issue, default priorty is set ex expected. But when you edit the issue after creating, you can't see all options? Do you have any javscript or behaviours code?

Tansu

Raymond Li March 29, 2019

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz - that is correct. Here's an example of the list when I create an issue. When I change it (on the same Create Issue screen) from P2 (default) to Blocker, I can't change it back to P2.

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 10.17.33 AM.png

Here's that same list, on a different project. This is the full list. If I change it from P2 to Blocker, I'm still able to change it back to P2.

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 10.18.08 AM.png

As far as I know, there is no script or code that affects this list. Do you know where I can check, just in case?

Suggest an answer