Customize fonts in JIRA UI

Mohan Shash
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2018

What I wanted to know whether it was possible to change the font just from Settings in Jira. I couldn't find anything like that. I used to use Stylish plugin before Google banned it from their store for privacy issues. I think it should be possible to have a workaround w/o any plugin somehow, but I haven't looked deeper into this.

However if there is no option for custom font in Jira GUI, it would be nice feature to have for these cases. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henrique Bittencourt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2018

Hi Mohan!

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the font type from the UI.

Although there is an open suggestion (still gathering interest), you can take a look and vote to it.

If changing the font using other methods became an option, the quickest way is to add this code within the Announcement Banner (I've used Verdana as an example, change it to match your needs):

<style>
body#jira p, ul, ol, dl, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, form.aui, table.aui, .aui-tabs, .aui-panel, .aui-group
{
font-family: verdana;
}
</style> 

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Suggest an answer