Custom field read-only after transition

I have a scenario where I will have to make some custom fields in the issue read-only after a particular transition, can this be achieved.

Lets say I have fields field A, field B and field C and I have the following workflowsubtask sizing.jpg

and till Initial Sizing Complete I would like the fields to be editable and after that state I want all the three fields to be read-only, can you please help me on this.

3 answers

For this solution, you don't need a plugin - but it's not perfect as you'll not be able to edit the fields when editing the issue, only in transitions between statuses.

-> Use a Screen with these fields on it for transitions in the first half of the workflow only.

-> Use a Screen without these fields as the standard edit screen, and in the second half of the workflow.

Or in more detail

a) Make sure that the fields are not on the Edit Issue or Create screens for this project.

b) Create a screen with the fields on it.

c) Open the Workflow in the editor. Open each transition before "Sizing Complete", and set it to use the the screen from step b (with all the fields on it). Your users can now edit these fields when they use these transitions.

d) Click all the transitions in your workflow after Sizing Complete, and make them use the screen without the fields on it. Your users now cannot change the fields, since they are not shown when Editing the issue, and they are not shown in the transitions after "Sizing Complete". To edit the field, they would have to send it back to a status where the transition screen contains your fields.)

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] I know that this can be done using the Behavior plugin, I would appreciate your help on this thank you.

Link.jpg

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,191 views 20 16
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you