Custom field of type Database Information, dont display list in issue search but it display the list while creating issue.

Mangesh Rane March 7, 2017

Hi,

We have custom field of type database information (we pulled data directly from table). When user create new issue, he is able to see the list of values which get fetched from database but when user try to search issue using DB field, user not able to see the list.

Can you please assist me.

Thanks

Mangesh

1 answer

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2017

Without know what plugin provides this its very hard to answer. Does the issue get re-indexed when the value is saved? Is this field not searchable on any criteria?

CustomField is not empty does not return any result? Please provide more information else we will not be able to assist. 

Mangesh Rane March 8, 2017

Hi,

We are using plugin : Kepler.

Field is searchable , if user specify exact value. E.g Client = "ABC News"

Custom Field does pull the values from database, but when user try to search issues, using that field, user see blank list.

Hope this will help you to understand the issue, otherwise let me know any questions.

Thanks

Mangesh

Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2017
Mangesh Rane March 8, 2017

Hi,

Yes I read all those documents, evne I tried setting both option and reindex but list still dont get populated.

Thanks

Mangesh

Suggest an answer