Current Linkage Displayed in GUI

Brian Kimmel March 9, 2021

On the GUI, when a link is removed it no longer shows on the screen when you are looking at the main screens. 

We have looked over the linking table, but could not discern how to tell what the current linkage is vs the entire history. We only care about the current linking of the issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Hi @Brian Kimmel I'm not sure what you mean. When you care only about current links, why do you need to check linking table.

But if you are just concerned and need to know where the history items are stored, I can confirm it is stored in different tables so is you can't see link in DB table when it is removed, it should be ok.

Name of the table which stores history should be "changeitem".

Brian Kimmel March 9, 2021

When someone inadvertently links a story to the wrong epic and then fixes it, when you look through the GUI at the linkage, you will not see the linkage to the epic that was done in error.

My team creates reporting based on linkage, however the  issuelink table and others seems to maintain history. So when querying, I wish to know how to only grab the current links like the GUI displays...it seems there should be some date related components that would allow for this.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Hi @Brian Kimmel still do not undestand, sorry ;)... 

1. someone creates wrong link
  2. someone fixes wrong link to correct  link
  3. correct link is displayed in GUI
  4. issue can be queried by correct link

The only problem I can see is that

• invalid link is still displayed in the history of the issue

Is it the problem?

OR

You just need to prepare report with current Jira data? If it is the case, it would be helpful if you share what type of Jira you uses (Cloud, Server/DataCenter). You can see some information in Issue filter or you can user Jira API (Java for server or REST API for Cloud)

Brian Kimmel March 10, 2021

We have reporting that we do out of the databases behind the GUI. The old/incorrect linkage still resides in the linkage tables even though the GUI does not display it. I wish to understand how the GUI knows what the current linkage is and what tables are being used to determine it so that our back end reporting is ONLY showing current valid links.

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

OK @Brian Kimmel I understand now. There is a table called issuelink which holds information about links between issues.

But it only stores active links (I just tested it). So it would be better to check your "reporting". Do you have more information about your reporting? What DB tables are used in it? Can you provide SQL query etc.?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events