Creating filter to show tasks in resolution status and that have time from the Log time field

Ken Jacobs August 29, 2018

I want to create a filter so that it shows tasks in a Resolution status and the time I have entered in the Log Time field. I only want the tasks that HAVE a time associated with it.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2018

"Resolution status" is a nonsense phrase in Jira.  Do you mean "resolution" or "status"?

What I want to do is do a transition from In Process to another status like "Logged". So that I can create a filter to show a Logged status and only those tasks that have a time entry, like Time Spent. I do not have to use the "status" of Resolution if I can get from In Process to Logged.JIRA-workflow.jpgJIRA-time spent.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2018

There is no ""status" of resolution", that is a nonsense, and your workflow does not have a "logged" status.

Please could you try again, and explain what you're looking for in Jira terms?

I would like the "Logged Excel & Upwork" transition to go to a new status to be called "Logged".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2018

Ahh, ok, thank you.

Edit the workflow in diagram mode, and the workflow designer will offer "new status" to you.  Add "logged", then drag the arrow end of "logged excel & upwork" to any connection point on the new box.  Add at least one transition out of it as well, or it will be a dead-end.

You will then be able to run filters such as "Status = logged and worklogauthor is not empty"

Thank you for your patience.

0 votes

Also, I want it to include all projects with tasks that only have time associated.

So far I have this but it does not show the task namefilter.jpg

Suggest an answer