Creating a search parameter containing projects with a common notation

Dana De Pierre January 10, 2018

I would like to know if there is a way to create a search filter where it will only include the projects with a specific notation without clicking on the projects themselves?

As an example, each project we create in JIRA has a notation at the beginning depending on the type of project created (e.g. TSK_name, PRD_name, etc.) and these projects are created often. 

I would like to create a filter to include all the projects with PRD in them, but not go through the whole list and checkmark them (as this will not automatically include the new projects created with PRD).

Is there a way to do this? I'm not a JQL-master so I have no idea how to write this. 

Thank you for the help.

1 answer

0 votes
Suzanne Seaton January 10, 2018

Hi Dana, the contains operator '~' is not supported by the project field. However, what I would recommend is to create different project categories for your projects and then search on them that way. For example, I have a category named 'Client Service Desk Projects' and all associated projects belong to that category. If you go to the project details that is where you can assign the category - Project > Project Settings > Details. Then, your JQL will look like this:

Category = "Client Service Desk Projects" or whatever your category name is.

Suzanne

Dana De Pierre January 10, 2018

Awesome. Thank you. This worked.

Suzanne Seaton January 10, 2018

You're welcome! You may have figured out that you will always need to use JQL for Category; it's not available in basic searching. Glad I could help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events