Create user in Script - Script Runner

Jorge Jerez June 19, 2019

Hi

I'm trying to create a User from script, but I want to turn off the mail nofitication when a user is created. This is my code:

//Defino los parametros necesarios para crear un usuario
UserService userService = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(UserService);
//CreateUserRequest nos sirve para saber si se puede crear susodicho usuario
UserService.CreateUserRequest createUserRequest = UserService.CreateUserRequest.withUserDetails(creator, username, password, emailAddress, displayName);

createUserRequest.sendNotification(false);

UserService.CreateUserValidationResult result =userService.validateCreateUser(createUserRequest);

after this I do:

log.info("Result is valid");
def newUser = userService.createUser(result);
log.info("User created");

Then I set a few groups for this user.

My problem is the users are reciving the notification of new user created but I'm using createUserRequest.sendNotification(false);

1 answer

1 vote
Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2019

I think the issue is that method createUserRequest.sendNotification(false) returns you new createUserRequest instead of updating old, so you should either do

createUserRequest = createUserRequest.sendNotification(false) 

or when creating it altogether

UserService.CreateUserRequest createUserRequest = UserService.CreateUserRequest.withUserDetails(creator, username, password, emailAddress, displayName).sendNotification(false)

Jorge Jerez June 19, 2019

Thanks, I used the second option and now isn't sending notifications to the new users.

UserService.CreateUserRequest createUserRequest = UserService.CreateUserRequest.withUserDetails(creator, username, password, emailAddress, displayName).sendNotification(false)

Suggest an answer