Create custom JQL functions for JIRAs Cloud installation?

Brahim ESSALIH September 23, 2016

Hello every body,

I'm usin JIRA cloud instance. When I make a JQL query I need to display only parent issue.

for example:   project = TEST AND subtasks has summary = "sub-task  summary"

I know that there is a plugin for JIRA server which allow adding custom JQL functions but for JIRA cloud instance I don't know how I can process.

Would you have any idea ?   

Thanks in advance

Best regards

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2016

There is no JQL function extension point for JIRA Cloud so there are no add-ons that can add new JQL functions - you are stuck with what you have out of the box.

The only solution currently is to pull the issue data from JIRA via REST and then do a search on the client (which is a horrible thing to do really with regards to performance).

Brahim ESSALIH September 25, 2016

Thaks guys, I try ScriptRunner for cloud but It doesn't work it display all the time 

Field 'issueFunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.
2 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2016

This question looks exceptionally similar to a previous question that you have asked: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/41452591

Brahim ESSALIH September 26, 2016

Thanks @Robert Massaioli.

Yes because I don't know how I can use entityproperties to get only parent issues?

Would you have any propositions ?

I need to do something like 

issueFunction in parentsOf("project = TEST")   // plugin ScriptRunner

using entityProperties

Thanks in advance

Like Thao Nguyen Thi Thu likes this
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2018

Hi @Brahim ESSALIH,

How we went about this is, by creating a re-indexing kind of page, which gets all the data via REST (the data on which you want to search) and store them in a proper format and create entity property based on that property.

You can even have webhooks to keep the data in property in sync.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Suggest an answer