Create Issue filter with "no linked" issue

oren sasson March 19, 2017

we have ticket type in JIRA called "incident" with an option to link it to another ticket type called "improvement" . 

The link type is "relates to" 

How can i search for "incident" tickets that does not have linked "improvement" to it ? 

i am trying to use "Issues" --> "Filters" but cant find the correct syntax for my needs. 

Oren 

4 answers

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2017

It's easy if you have the "script runner" plugin installed -

type = incident and issueFunction not in linkedIssuesOf("type=improvement","relates to")
Karalee Kikiros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2017

Just a head's up as you haven't explicitly called out whether you're on server or cloud that although you can install Scriptrunner for cloud, the additional JQL only works on server. 

0 votes
remi.dc August 6, 2021

With script runner on JIRA cloud there is a new feature JQL Keywords.

You have to synchronise issues and then you can user in advanced JQL the keyword :  numberOfLinks

project = PRJ AND issuetype = Type AND numberOfLinks = 0

See doc : https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4jc/current/scriptrunner-jql-keywords-functions/jql-keyword-examples#id-.JQLKeywordExamplesvCurrent-numberOfLinks

0 votes
Anu Shibin Joseph Raj July 16, 2020

Well, the title says "no linked" issues, which ideally means that I want to find issues that do not have anything linked to them. At least, that is what I came looking for. If someone else is looking for the same, here is the solution for it:

project = XYZ AND issueFunction not in hasLinks()
0 votes
Rafael Corredor March 20, 2017

Hi,

Currently it is not possible. Check this post for some alternatives and additional information:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/166537

Suggest an answer