Create Issue Field: Manager - Need to make a number of edits - Any Advice?

Brian Haney January 12, 2017

First time posting to the community here so please bare with me if I am not as clear or precise with my question as I should be. 

We use a specific project within JIRA for our new hires. This uses a Create Issue Screen with a field of Manager within it. Manager is simply whomever the new hires direct lead or supervisor is. 

I want to now update and reflect a number of people no longer within our company and would prefer to not have to granularly edit every ticket to reflect a change in the Manager field. I should also point out that the various teams have all changed as well. So where one manager may have had a team of six, when that manager left, that team of six could very well be six people in six new teams, with six new managers.

I have used bulk edit for a number of things in the past and I believe that this will certainly play a part of this but before I jump down this rabbit hole (we haven't reflected any manager / lead changes at all; they have added up over time) I want to see if anyone else has had to go down this path and if so, what suggestions and tips do you have for this scenario?

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2017

Lets clarify what namely do you want to do.

Do you need to change all tickects where Manager = Manager1 thus to change Manager1 to Manager2. Is it what you want?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events