Configure the new Jira issue view

Hello!

Is it possible to configure the new Jira issue view? I need to ad some fields.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes

Hey @Ольга Попова,

Unfortunately there is currently no way to configure the display of fields on the new issue view – but this is something that we're working on.

If the new design currently doesn't meet your needs, you can go back to the old view by switching the feature off in your user profile – this will allow you to configure your fields using the Issue Detail View page in Board Settings.

Feel free to "Watch" the page (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html) to get notified of when configuration is available and what other improvements are made available.

Also, if you have any feedback for the team you can click the "Give feedback" button in the top right. We read this daily and use this to inform what we build and improve next.

Hope this helps!

you can't even change the ticket type from this view!  I just wasted an hour trying to figure this mess out. 

You probably have not got the issue type on the edit screen.

The change to the new layout will not have changed that, you're looking at the wrong problem.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Nov 30, 2017

Hello,

What do you mean by "new Jira issue view"?

Probably the new(ish) Cloud layout.  It's still configurable the same as Server (moving fields around etc)

I tried to configurate it as the Server, but unsuccessfully. Firstly i can't find the right screen, secondly if I configurate through the settings of boards, at the end nothing was changed.

I suspect you are looking at the wrong screens.  Go to project admin and look for the "screen schemes", drilling down into them to get the right fields in the project.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

426 views 1 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot