Configure the new Jira issue view

Hello!

Is it possible to configure the new Jira issue view? I need to ad some fields.

8 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Accepted answer

Hey @Ольга Попова,

Unfortunately there is currently no way to configure the display of fields on the new issue view – but this is something that we're working on.

If the new design currently doesn't meet your needs, you can go back to the old view by switching the feature off in your user profile – this will allow you to configure your fields using the Issue Detail View page in Board Settings.

Feel free to "Watch" the page (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html) to get notified of when configuration is available and what other improvements are made available.

Also, if you have any feedback for the team you can click the "Give feedback" button in the top right. We read this daily and use this to inform what we build and improve next.

Hope this helps!

you can't even change the ticket type from this view!  I just wasted an hour trying to figure this mess out. 

You probably have not got the issue type on the edit screen.

The change to the new layout will not have changed that, you're looking at the wrong problem.

Tried give feedback here https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html but the feedback link seems broken, so I am unable to give feedback.

The feedback is that I'd like to also see fields from add-ons: Sentry, Google Drive files and InVision. They are present in the normal view, but not in the new view.

Sorry to say this 'new jira issue view' rollout is poorly managed.  A screen that displays unused fields first in an unwanted order is not going bring any good impact and feedback in regards this view fields are not configurable.  Lost another hour to navigate the mess plus hours of other colleagues.

I need to disable the new issue view for my team, it makes epics pretty useless since the underlying stories are no longer listed. Has anyone found a way to do this for ALL USERS?

Like 1 person likes this

Agreed. the new view is horrible. I can't even disable it. I disabled in my profile and it doesn't turn it off.

The new view is useless and really annoying to work with on top of not being configurable and they forgot to add several keyboard shortcuts that were functional in the old issue view

I have screens that are specifically configured for our intake & prioritization process, e.g. one that loosely mimics the SAFe epic hypothesis statement with custom fields in a specific order, plus separate tabs for calculating WSJF and capturing other relevant information.  

This new view completely destroys my custom screens and is putting my entire enterprise-wide process at risk.  The custom tabs are gone.  All of the fields from all tabs are in some crazy, not even alphabetical, order.  The information on the screen is virtually unusable.  This is really bad. 

I found out how to turn off the new view permanently for now by going to profile settings and turning off the "Try JIRA Labs" option. I remembered turning this on and it doing nothing for awhile then all of a sudden I started seeing the new view option everywhere. Turned it back off and the new view option is now gone! Very happy that the new view is not mandatory because in my opinion its a piece of buggy garbage!

I would love to know exactly what you are looking at. I can go into my Jira profile and scroll down to the "labs" section, where I see "new Jira issue view" option. My setting is turned off, but that does not affect the Jira Business projects, only Software type projects.

Darn! It seems that the new issue view is always on for Business and Agility projects, I only really use a software project so it worked for me!

Thank you @keith potvin - your tip saved my 8-person meeting from dissolving into a foaming and frustrated mess.

@Christine Cheng You're welcome! I'm glad that my tip was able to help you out.

this new view really needs to be configurable.  custom fields contain the bulk of our critical information and forcing them to live as small text boxes in the right rail with minimal detail in view really hurts the usefulness of jira.  The description and comment fields are some of the most useless information in our tickets.

I agree with other responses.  The fact that you can't customize this view at all or re-order the fields results in a negative impact to my team. Atlassian please consider fixing this soon! 

All our most used fields are showing up in the right column way the heck down at the bottom. This view desperately needs to be configurable for it to be useful to anybody!

I am in the same boat. I created a ticket for optionally disabling the new view until Atlassian is finished working out the kinks, since I couldn't find one already...please add your thoughts and vote for it!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70131

0 votes

Hello,

What do you mean by "new Jira issue view"?

Probably the new(ish) Cloud layout.  It's still configurable the same as Server (moving fields around etc)

I tried to configurate it as the Server, but unsuccessfully. Firstly i can't find the right screen, secondly if I configurate through the settings of boards, at the end nothing was changed.

I suspect you are looking at the wrong screens.  Go to project admin and look for the "screen schemes", drilling down into them to get the right fields in the project.

I have posted feedback about the new view using the Give Feedback option. We definitely need to be able to configure it before it is rolled out across the board. This is going to cause huge issues with our clients. I had information grouped and organized so they could find what they need, now, I can hardly find it. At this point, with all the new changes, I am seeing only problems and no new functionality that would help my teams. I am trying to remain open, but right now, I'm just seeing a lot of extra work.

I agree. I would really like to hear something from Atlassian saying they are at least hearing our problems and working on them, but I don't even know where to look for that. 

Good luck - this issue is marked as Solved, so they've effectively walked away from it.

I have tried to post feedback at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html, but, as noted elsewhere, that generates an error. 

I can't find the way to open the "edit" screen in the new Jira view. Anyone knows how to do it, or whether it's even possible?

You have to double click into the individual fields. Not user friendly, as I don't see a way to actually get to the edit screen itself. 

I have screens that are specifically configured for our intake & prioritization process, e.g. one that loosely mimics the SAFe epic hypothesis statement with custom fields in a specific order, plus separate tabs for calculating WSJF and capturing other relevant information.  

This new view completely destroys my custom screens and is putting my entire enterprise-wide process at risk.  The custom tabs are gone.  All of the fields from all tabs are in some crazy, not even alphabetical, order.  The information on the screen is virtually unusable.  This is really bad.

THank you Yuki. The problem is actually that some fields don't show up until filled out, so if I wanted to enter a value in the field that was not populated when the issue was created, it seems to be now impossible.

The new view is a complete failure in my opinion

Yup.  That happens too.  In the Backlog, you can do a "." (period) and enter "Edit" to get to the edit screen, but not from the POS New Issue View.

Also, I noticed that in the New Issue View, the Epic Links field does not recognize epics that exist in my instance.  I have to revert to the old view to use the Epics Links field.  

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

60 views 3 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you