Comments mentioned in Slack to be updated in Jira

Ashwin K December 28, 2020

How do i configure jira to receive comments from slack into their respective jira tickets

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2020

Hello @Ashwin Kesavan

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Using the official Slack integration app, you can comment on issues by getting them using the command "/Jira" and clicking to comment on the issue. Let me give you a practical example:

Let's suppose you created a Jira issue (TPS-14) and would like to comment on the issue directly from Slack.

1. Link your Jira and Slack by installing the app
  2. Go to the Slack channel you would like to connect with Jira and use type "/jira connect" to properly integrate it with your Jira site
  3. On this same channel, type "/jira TPS-14". A card will appear with the issue details
  4. Inf that same card, click on "..." > Comment to properly add a comment to the issue:
    Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 14.46.17.png
  5. That step 4 can be done when you get notified about the issue on Slack as well

Let us know if you have any questions.

Next generation May 12, 2022

@Petter Gonçalves

Sorry, but how to do the same for Jira server which is legacy?
I was installed Jira server and in application windows click "Jira Server for Slack (Official)" get it and download jira-slack-server-integration-plugin-3.0.1.jar
Tell me in detail please, where and how to integrate it in what path?
Kind regards, John

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events