How to Un-hide Source Tab

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2011

This is to followup on the former question on how to hide source tab. I'm currently using the starter license and I must have hit the link tha tremove the tabs forever that I no longer see them anymore. Is there a way to make it come back w/o reinstalling everything?

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2011

If you're using a starter licence and haven't yet configured FishEye, all the Source tab shows is information on where to go to set up FishEye - so if you've clicked the link to hide it forever, you're not missing much!

If this is what's happened, you can go directly to "FishEye Administration" in the JIRA admin menu and set up FishEye as per normal ( http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Integrating+JIRA+with+FishEye ). Once FishEye is configured, the tab will reappear.

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2011

So I didnt try this in 4.3.4 but now with 4.4.1, and even after I followed all the setup instructions, I still cant find the source tab. I checked Nic's suggestion to see if I had disable a plugin before or smoething, and everything seems to work, it just that source tab is gone. Thoughts?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2011

The previous question link you give is broken, so I'm not sure of the context.

My guess is that you've gone into Admin -> Plugins and disabled the source tab. You should be able to re-enable it in the same way. If that guess is wrong, we'll need more detail (and the previous link?)

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011

Thanks, I have corrected the link. I am still struggling with putting links on this forums.

Suggest an answer