Clone issue - delete related subtasks

I've setup a workflow function to auto create a subtask on every issue from the create transition, this is being used to track an SLA.

When somebody uses the clone function then automatically a subtask is created as well obviously, as per the create step, does anyone have an idea how I could stop the creation of the subtasks on the cloned issues created or even give the users access to delete the subtask on their newly cloned issue and only that?

The reason being when we clone an issue it's so we can move it out of that particular project and into another one which wouldn't have any subtasks setup which means the issue can't be moved.

1 answer

Main idea - cloned issue has a repective link to original. So you can make a check before subtask creation if the issue have a clone link.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,108 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot