Chinese characters from Outlook render incorrectly

Hi!

I am trying to create an issue with chinese characters via a mail handler.  When I send the email via gmail, all characters render correctly.  If I send from Outlook 2013, I get spotty incorrect characters that look like this: 

市科�W

Any help would be appreciated!

 

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

Thanks for your reply on this.  I should have mentioned that I monitored the incoming mail server to see if characters were rendering correctly when received, before they were pulled by Jira.  The email showed no issues.  I also tried what you suggested and I am still seeing the same problem.

By comparing the headers, I was able to find a difference in the content type.  After a little bit of research I found that enabling Rich Text formatting in outlook fixes the issue.  Thanks for your help

Good to know that you resolved this!

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

184 views 1 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you