Changing your JIRA Home Page Will Not Save New Default

Angela Young May 3, 2017

My default is set to 'Boards' and I want to update my homepage to the 'Dashboards'. Each time I make the change, log out and log back on, the default reverts back to 'Boards'. 

Thank you.

1 answer

5 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2017

I tested and was experiencing the same behavior. Then I noticed the new homepage was not loading before I logged out. For example if I had it set to Boards and changed it to Dashboard, the dashboard was not appearing, it stayed on Boards. I would log out and log back in and still be on Boards.

If I click twice on Dashboard, and the dashboard loads, then when I log out and in, the home page remains on Dashboard.

Changing your JIRA Home Page mentions "Your page will be reloaded to the JIRA home page you selected" but I had to click twice to make that happen.

Angela Young May 3, 2017

Hi Ann,

Thank you very much! You are correct, I clicked on it twice, dashboard loaded. I logged out and logged back in and the correct dashboard loaded. 

Make it a great day!

Like treder_ww likes this
Shawn September 27, 2018

As of release 7.12 this is still an issue. This workaround works, but this really should be fixed as a bug.

Suggest an answer