Changing What Appears When Creating an Issue

Matthew Buse January 16, 2020

I've created a project under "Business" type with a workflow that initiates by creating an issue. On the project board under the first workflow status "reported," there is a "+create" button. When you click it a small dialogue box appears where the user can type in the summary of the new issue. How do I make the full issue edit screen appear with all input-able fields instead of this small summary input field?

I've tried configuring the screen scheme to be the same when the action of "create" and "edit" issue are executed but nothing changed.

1 answer

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2020

Hi Matthew,

you're talking about the "quick create" feature in the backlog, right? If you want to have the full experience (screen) when creating an issue you will have to press "c" or use the plus button available navigation on the left side.

Best, Max

Those are both great options for bringing up the "full" issue creation page and thanks for pointing those out, but we have another project that when you click "+create" it brings up the full experience. I can't see a difference in any of the back-end settings between the 2 projects though.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2020

Hey Matthew, the screen should appear only if you have additional required fields in addition to the summary field.

How do I designate other fields as "required?"

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2020

This can be achieved by making them required in the field configuration associated with the issue type of that project. Or with a validator used in a transition. If you want to know more about this topic I suggest reading a few documentation pages for Jira Cloud, here are to examples:

Suggest an answer