Cannot consistently move issues into the QA column in kanban board using Drag - Action button work

Niamh Connell August 15, 2017

I have a Jira instance with 12 Kanban projects all using the same workflow scheme which has 2 workflows: one for sub tasks and bugs and an extended one for user stories. The User Stories flow has analysis and design states which are backlog only and not on the kanban board.

I have a Kanban board for each project and a parent board for all projects. All boards are the same with To Do, In Progress, QA and Done.

For 11 of these projects everything works fine.

For 1 project, on the project Kanban board I can only sometimes drag items to QA. I can ALWAYS use the action button to get them to QA. I CAN drag them to QA on the All Projects board. I have checked that the QA status is mapped to the right column on the board configuration and I cannot figure out a logic reason why it SOMETIMES works so cannot repro consistently.

Can anyone help? We've only recently rolled out Jira and I need to team to not hate it :(

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

Check the conditions on the workflow(s) in the porject(s)

Niamh Connell August 15, 2017

I deleted the board and remade it (exactly the same) and it worked. Must be a weird bug in there.

I knew the transitions were fine because they were working on all the other projects AND on this project on the combined board.

Suggest an answer